Sunflowers





    The picture above is from NBC news. Those are Ukrainian troops outside the city of Donetsk  on Wednesday. 

   I think everyone on the internet has seen the video of the Ukrainian woman cursing Russian Troops. Her bravery and no fucks given attitude should be a lesson to the world.  

 This was the exchange between her and the Russian soldier. 

   Woman : Who are you ? 

    Russian Soldier : We have exercises here, please go this way. 

   Woman : What kind of exercises? Are you Russian? 

  Soldier: Yes 

 Woman : What the fuck are you doing here? 

 Soldier: Right now, our discussion will lead to nothing.

 Woman:   You're occupiers. You're fascists. What the fuck are you doing on our land with all these guns? Take these seeds and put them in your pockets so at least the sunflowers will grow when you all lie down here.   

  Soldier: Right now our discussion will go nowhere. Lets not escalate the situation, please. 

 Woman: What situation? Guys, Guys, Put the sunflower seeds in your pockets please. You will lie down here with the seeds. You came to my land. Do you understand? You are occupiers, you are enemies.

 Soldier: Yes. 

 Woman : And from this moment, you are cursed. 

 Soldier: Now listen to me. 

 Woman: I heard you. 

 Soldier: Lets not escalate the situation, please go this way. 

 Woman :  How can it be further escalated?  You fucking came here uninvited. Pieces of shit. 

   


 Here is the part of the story that the major news outlets didn't tell you. The sunflower is the official flower of Ukraine. 

  I love this woman. I love what she did and I love her attitude.  I admire her bravery and her taste in horticulture. 

  I will go to the hardware store today to buy some sunflower seeds. I am going to cover my yard with them if there are any left at the store. 

  That will be my little protest and my stand in solidarity with one of the most brave people I have ever seen. Sometimes I wish there was a God so the wicked would be punished and the righteous would be rewarded. 

  Today I am off work and I am going to get sunflowers and weed. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What makes you feel alive ?

Carry On