Chimney rock village ... destroyed

 

 

 Everyone in the South East USA got hammered. I was one of them. My power just came back on. Thankfully our home just had some siding and soffit ripped off and its a new house under the builders warrantee so we are fine.   

 I can not tell you how many times I have visited Chimney Rock Park and the tourist village. Last time I went there I was riding my motorcycle. 

 It is a beautiful place with lots to do and see. I even have a picture of my mom standing on top of Chimney Rock when she was pregnant with me in 1971. 

 We used to ride up there and drink beer on the river. Me and my wife have stayed in a motel that I think is no longer there. 

 Now for the sad part. Last I heard, 80 dead and hundreds missing.  

 My wife knows the wife of an emergency rescue guy who had to go there and he said its the most tragic shit. They would get calls to rescue people and he said that all they would find were a few pets here and there when they arrived. 

 One guy was seen floating down the river on top of his RV that was parked near the river. 

 Anyways ... I am glad the storm is over ... Everyone I know has trees down. 

 After they get Chimney Rock Village rebuilt, I suggest everyone visit. ITs where they filmed "The Last of the Mohicans" Its really a beautiful place

 I have so many fond memories of the village and the park ... Its really quite heart breaking.

I have been in everyone of those shops that is now missing. No one that I know was there .. but many of the business owners lived in the village ...   

 Anyways ... Storms suck. Disasters suck. 

 Take some time to love the people close to you and appreciate what you have. 

 Thats what the people around this area are doing 


 Everything is gone including the people 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What makes you feel alive ?

Carry On